Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mickey Rourke - The Wrestler


he thing I'm most impressed with is the fact that The Wrestler looks to have been made for very little money. I even read that Mickey and the Director Darren Aronofsky had to shop the film for distribution themselves after Post Production.

The film overall is very simple and conservatively directed. Mickey seemingly easily BECOMES this downtrodden character. I think Mickey has felt similarly in the past about himself and his own life. It wasn't too long ago that he was completely off the radar and un-hireable in Hollywood. Then he earned a great role in Sin City that effectively revived his career. Now this AND a Golden Globe! Mickey is back in a huge way. I'm interested to see what his next big role will be.

Oh yeah, Marisa Tomei is 44 with the body of a 24 year old. I was seriously impressed.



Until Next Time,

-Sirius-

No comments:

Post a Comment